Can LPN classes go towards an RN degree?

I am wanting to pursue my RN degree but thinking about getting an LPN first. I am trying to find out if LPN classes are the same as the first year of RN or are they different? Are any classes transferrable?

partiesbyjan

Asked by partiesbyjan at 5:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• Where I went to college, yes. If you were already an LPN, then it was only one more year to become an RN through a transition program.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I don't want my RN, I want the associates degree and then would take the same test. I've been told you earn the same amount of money, unless you want to work a a Veteran's hospital. I'm sure this may not be totally true across the bored, but my nursing friends say the 2 year is just as good. I don't want to be in school forever and I have 2 degrees, so for me the shorter route is more appealing. There is nothing wrong with the RN, but I just wanted to pass this along because I've been asking, talking, to a counselor at college, and all information says this is the way for me to go.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009