The female friend

Is it wrong for my husband to have a friendship with a femal co-worker and text her while he is at home? Or am I just being paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Personally I wouldn't like it, however I would get pissed if hubby were spending time texting his male coworkers. Once he is home he belongs to me and the kids.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 5:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I know that I would be jelouse, but it's different for everyone. Some people are ok with that.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No, it's not wrong for him to have a female friend. And the texting is okay too... as long as its not ALL the time. Some people are just friends and sex (not the action... in reference to m/f lol) has nothing to do with their relationship. As long as you trust him and things are well between you then there should be no problem.

But, personally, I would still be pissed about it because I'm a VERY jealous person.

(Sorry, I know that wasn't very helpful. But I hope you see the point I was TRYING to make)
    AustinsMommy124

Answer by AustinsMommy124 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Personally I would like it and I would tell my SO that I dont hink its cool, and he respects me enough to not do it either
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• sorry I meant to say would not like it oops
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I'm in the same situation and it pisses me off to no end. Wish I had some advice. I keep waiting for a time to confront my husband, but it's harder than it seems. Yes, I think it's wrong.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 5:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't like it at all. I think it can lead to other things. My DF has had two emotional affairs & it was all via text & internet
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Texting is weird.

Friends would be fine, as long as it ends when the whistle blows.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Is he sneaky about the texts? Does he make sure you cant read what she sends or what he replies with? If he is being sneaky there could be an issue, but if he has no problem with you knowing what they are talking about it is probably harmless. Honestly, I think the first thing you should do is express your feelings to him. If he has any respect for you then he will respect where you are coming from. If he understands where you are coming from then he should tell his coworker the situation and if she has respect for him then she will stop. Also tell him to put himself in your position. That seems to always help
    lathena

Answer by lathena at 6:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It is weird. Why would he want to text HER while being home with you?
    I mean, If he's not saying anything BAD to her why can't he just talk to you instead? Get my point? lol
    I would be VERY cautious and even check his phone when he is asleep or not around to see what they are texting about.
    Anonymous