What do you think of people who go completely baby-crazy in the first trimester?

I'm asking this because my cousin is eight weeks pregnant with her second baby. She lost her very first baby at nine weeks, and her first successful baby was born at 34 weeks. Now she's pregnant again...and I feel that she's jumping the gun a little.

She's already painting and decorating the baby's room, buying all sorts of new things and new decor, and I believe she's already bought the crib.

I understand that she's extremely excited about this baby, but I feel that she's getting excited a little too early, don't ya think? She's very high risk since she lost the first one and had an irritable cervix with her son and went into preterm labor more than once. I just hope she's not setting herself up for heartache and disappointment. Perhaps she should wait until she's a little further along...

So what do you think of people who go totally baby-crazy so early in their pregnancy?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think that she should wait til the2nd trimester, but some mommies just can't help it. if you think about it a little it is better than being paranoid and all stressed out about the possibility of loosing the baby, I think she's being positive

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i bought an outfit that was nautral and was on sell and thats all i did until i knew what i was having. I think she should take it easy but i know women that miscarry, have one ,miscarry, have one and so one. i hope for her sake she doesn't loose the baby that would be really hard on her.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think I do the opposite. I don't think I exhale until about 14-15 weeks. I usually don't tell anyone but my hubby until the second trimester as well. I guess I've known too many people that have gone through the heartbreak of loss, and I don't want it doubled by having to tell everyone in our extended family. I agree with you though, I would be laying low, hoping and taking care of myself. I hope everything works out for her.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• If a women wants to more power to her. Yes she could lose this baby but honestly whether you have stuff or not, get excited or hold your breath for the first trimester losing that baby will hurt.

With my first pregnancy I think I bought things that were gender nutrual a little early and went maybe a little over board. With this baby I thought I was going to lose him so I haven't bought anything and I'm waiting a while.

Let her be...God will take care of her no matter which way things go.
    Anonymous

• I didn't even think of a baby in my first trimester. Almost as if being pregnant did not lead to an infant. Now that I am in my last trimester, it is hitting home.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• some people are just like that and need to do things their own way i don't see anything wrong with her doing so if that is what she wants too do
    Anonymous

• Well, she is an adult and can think for herself. She knows the pain she will suffer if she miscarries and she does not need any 'I told you so's'. So try to stay positive, if you can not do that, don't say anything.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009