breastmilk crystals?????

every since my son was born, if it had been a while since we changed his diaper, like after a 8 hour night. he'll have crystals in his diaper, like from his urine. then not that long ago i discovered the crystals in my bra (i wear breast pads) so i'm pretty sure it's from my breast milk. But does anyone know why it crystals up, or if it happens to formula fed babies also. they are not like hard crystals, they are soft and mushy or gummy like, and impossible to get off of him.

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 5:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it almost sounds like the stuff on the inside of diapers. It gets everywhere.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think you may be looking at diaper and nursing pad absorbent material, maybe. Diapers and breast pads have absorbent crystals that absorb water and swell up and turn gummy. They are indeed sticky and hard to get off. Is that a possibility?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• its sounds like the gelatin type stuff in the diapersand the pads

koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yep i agree it's probably the absorbant stuff in the diapers and booby pads. I had a diaper go through the washer once and that stuff SUCKS!!
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 5:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i would have to agree with all the woman that have already replied I had that happen once it was due to wearing the Breastpad to long,
    AbbeyKAy

Answer by AbbeyKAy at 8:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009