How often do you change your mascara?

I was wondering how often people throw away their mascara and get a new one. I have been trying to do it monthly, but I'm not sure if this is needed or not. What are your opinions?

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You should only use your mascara 2-3 months. Then it's time to change it out. And make sure you never pump the mascara wand into the bottle, that lets more air into the bottle and that how bacteria gets introduced. Always twist the wand in the bottle.

Also, anytime you notice any itching or anything different with your eyes, then open a new mascara and try that. A lot of times bacteria will get in there and cause eye irritations. And above all - - never share mascara wands!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Haaa, I don't do it nearly often enough.

I just googled it, you should change it every 2-3 months if you use it every day. You may be able to go a bit longer if you only use it on special occasions.

Also, to make it last longer and not clump as fast...put the closed tube in a cup of hot water for a few minutes, it'll make it like new again =]

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You don't need to do it THAT often. That's a waste of $$.

I throw mine out about every 4 months. After that, it tends to get all clumpy. Not only that, but the longer you have it, the more bacteria grow in it.

Yuck.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• When my tube runs out
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• As soon as it starts getting clumpy. I guess it depends on what brand you are using and what they put in it to keep it from drying up.
    Dlp11494

Answer by Dlp11494 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i go thru a bottle in about 2 months. but i wear mine every time i go somewhere. sometimes its the only make up i have on. the tips of my eyelashes are bright white so it looks really silly if i dont.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• As soon as it starts to get clumpy. What's a good brand anyway? I keep trying new ones & I never like them.
    karenl

Answer by karenl at 7:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I thought it was supposed to be every 3 months.
    twoarefun

Answer by twoarefun at 7:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Pretty often. It gets clumpy otherwise.
    pixalina

Answer by pixalina at 8:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• every 6 weeks
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009