Everytime I get on the internet, it freezes up after a few minutes. Any suggestions to fix it?

LisaJ8720

Asked by LisaJ8720 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• have you deleted the cookies recently?
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Are you using Internet Explorer? If so try Mozilla Fire Fox. That is what I use and i don't have issues with it. I was with explorer.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thanks! I'll try Firefox... we have internet explorer now.
    LisaJ8720

Answer by LisaJ8720 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• IDK, with IE, it kept shutting down saying it performed an illegal operation. I switched to Mozilla, and after three months it would shut down and say the same thing, so now I am using Opera, which has widgets on it that are pretty cool. But GL.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• you have a virus on your pc and it needs to be cleaned
    try avast its free and works well, only problem is you need to doenload, and you cant do that if you cant stay online for very long
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 5:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I scanned for a virus, it didn't find any. When I try to install firefox, after it extracts, a message pops up & says I don't have permission. When I go to control panel & try to check any security settings, it pops up with the same message, or just won't pop up at all!!
    LisaJ8720

Answer by LisaJ8720 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009