What is you opinion???

I have kids by 2 dif dads, one failed marriage. My ex husband said that NO man would want anything to do with me, and would only be interested in me to get to my kids. I obviously would protect my kids to the end. My question is....do you think it is okay to get into a new relationship if you have young kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I did !!! My sons where 2 and 1 . We got married and he adopted them. We are still together 9 years later.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think you ex is just being a D*** personally. That is not true there are plenty of men out there for you and are not out for your kids. I dont even understand his insult. He is saying that to make you miserable. I think you are fine to get in a relationship with young kids. Now I have to say the older they are the harder it will be for them. Im not sure how old your kids are but just keep communication and the concerns they have and opinions in mind. Things will be fine.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yes its OK and your ex was just being mean and trying to scare you into being lonely and miserable
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It was awkward for me when my kids were young so I waited until they were older. It was just what worked for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Its probably easier when they are younger. They atleast don't have that teenage mouth running. Just make sure that you aren't bringing losers near them. Scope out the guy before and make sure that he really loves kids. I bet your beautiful, he's probably just telling you that to lower your self esteem because he is unhappy and wants you to feel the same way. Good luck!
    leekim2004

Answer by leekim2004 at 6:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• What an awful man. So glad he is your EX.

My parents got remarried to my respective SPs when my brothers and sister and I were all very young and it worked wonderfully. I have a lovely (if loony) SD and a completely adorable SM. I am forever grateful that my parents didn't listen such stupid advice.

That being said - be careful who you bring around - meet their friends, their family and keep it casual at first.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 7:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Well, you already have 2 kids by 2 different men. I think it's time to stop worrying about the next man, and focus on your children, and while you are doing that, focus on YOURSELF!
    Anonymous