First ultrasound how far do you...................

Ok well I concieved on Newyears day I know but my doctor said that they count back from the time I had my last period which would make me around 6 weeks well I have my first ultrasound (Prolly vaginal) and I want to know how far along do you have to be before they can see even the smallest little dot? Im so nervous that Im going to go to the doctor and they are going to tell me they dont see nothing or something I know i worry alot!!!!

krysdawn09

Asked by krysdawn09 at 6:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my daughter we saw her and a heartbeat at 8 weeks. With my current pregnancy we saw a blob and heartbeat at 7 weeks
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 6:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks
    i could see the baby and the yolk sac
    it was hard to tell it was a baby but ya
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I went for my first at 8 weeks and they found twins, so you will definitely be able to see somthing, although they'll look more like lima beans then babies!
    L_Bass

Answer by L_Bass at 6:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think i was 5-6 weeks and i got to take home a pic of my lil alien. lol and heard the heart beat around 9 weeks i think it was. u should see something. my sil was 5 weeks and they did the vaginal ultrasound and saw the baby. i will find out this coming friday how far along i am with this one. 4 1/2 weeks i think but ovulation was a little off. congrats and good luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 6:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It actually depends on your HCG level at 6 weeks I had an ultrasound and all you could see was a dark circle and they said my levels werent high enough.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and you could see the head and arm and leg buds PLUS the heart beating.  Your baby will look most like a little blob with a head, arm and leg bulges by the time you have your vaginal u/s.  Blob happens to be my son's first nickname - as in I would tell my hubby "Blob loves you".

cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• At 8 weeks I could see a peanut =)
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 8:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009