my son won't eat nothing noodles and chicken fingers I've tried everything I can think of HELP ME PLEASE

he does eat rice somethmes. But now he has even stopped mac-n-cheese

T.G

Asked by T.G at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Kids' Health

• can you "hide" more foods with or in the foods he acepts?
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• MAKE him take a few bites of the other foods. I tell my son, you cannot get down until you take 3 bites of your peas... You can make him the foods he likes, with a spoonful of something new on the side. After you make the "new" food 10-15 times, he'll start to accept it more easily. Plus, if that's the "RULE" at your table, he'll eventually stop arguing with you about it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My son would eat nothing but takeout chicken nuggets (nothing I took out of my own oven!!) and peanut butter. Slowly but surely we have got him to eat more, and a bigger variety. With my son, he was diagnosed with seasonal allergies, which ended up causing gastritis. The doctor put him on Zantac, then Prevacid, and now he only takes Tums once in a while.
    Mostly, though, it was just a matter of trying different foods until we found another one he would eat. Now he will eat raw baby spinach leaves dipped in ranch dressing, or raw baby carrots. I also noticed that when he was in sports where he was very active, his appetite increased and he was more open to trying something new. Make sure you give your son a vitamin every day as well.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 5:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• He'll eat whatever you put in front of him if he gets hungry enough. Stop giving him the noodles and chicken fingers because if that's there, he's going to eat it. Give him what you want him to eat, and when his belly starts growling, even strained spinach will look good.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• If that's all there is, he'll eat it. If he knows he can eventually get you to pull something else out for him, he;ll wait and see what the options are.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I have the same problem with my son. He will REFUSE to eat anything else I put on his plate. He'll be 3 in November. He's a noodles, chicken nuggets, french fry kinda kid, so if you figure out something that works for you, please fill me in. I can't seem to fix anything that he likes other than those foods. Although, he's big on Peanut butter now. ...
    eyef0undnem0

Answer by eyef0undnem0 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 27, 2008

• My kids eat what is made for dinner (Unless it is something they just absolutely cannot stand, like my oldest daughter HATES beans) or they do not eat at all! He will eat whatever you give him if he is hungry enough!!
    Kadillac

Answer by Kadillac at 6:55 PM on Aug. 11, 2008