Around how many weeks do u suppose to be when the baby starts 2 drop?

ms.mingo

Asked by ms.mingo at 6:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• idk, i only made it to 34 wks last time and it didnt happen... i am interested in answers too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 6:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My baby girl dropped around 32-33 weeks, not sure because I was on vacation and didn't see my doc until I got home at 35 wks .

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My son dropped into a 0 station at 36 weeks. He had been dropping incrementally for about a month before that. By the time I was in my 40th week, he was at a +2 (through the pelvic opening AT the cervix) and my water broke when I said he was due (3 days before my EDD). BUT - at 0 through +2 it feels like you've got a bowling ball in your lap so the later a baby drops the more comfortable mommy is.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• They say typically your first baby will drop 2 weeks before you go into labour. All subsequent babies will drop while you're in labour.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yes 'typically' 2 wks.. i dont remember w my first, but it was around 2 wks w my 2nd..but obviously from telling of the other answers it could be up to 4 wks.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 8:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I wish I had an answer. I am at 39 weeks and 4 days..... I don't think the baby has dropped yet because she's still up in my ribs :-( Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to wait 2 more weeks or something!
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 11:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009