TATTOOS....!

i wanted to get 5 letters on me..im almost 2 months prego..ia it ok???
small tatt??

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that while you are pregnant. Better to wait until after the baby is born. Not to mention that you are way more sensitive while you are pregnant, so it will hurt WAY worse!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• No reputable artist will tattoo you when your pregnant. Even a small risk is too much of a risk. There's the possiblity of exposure to hep and other pathogens. And the fact that your body is sending all of it's resources to growing a baby, so that it can affect the healing process. Thus leave you open to other forms of infection.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Alrite..well im not gonna get it done..just wanted to make sure.. & lol.my cousin does my tattoos :)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Don't know if that's safe or not, but what would it hurt to just wait till your nine months are up? Do you really need to have it done right now? Better safe than sorry.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• NO! In fact even if you are postpardom and bf they will ask you. Whatever you put in your body your bay also receives. That includes ink.
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Wait..until after you have the baby honey. Anytime you get a tatoo..even at the cleanest places, you risk infection and Hepatitis...just wait.
    Autumnlove

Answer by Autumnlove at 3:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The ink does NOT enter your bloodstream first off. The SOUND reasons for not doing it while pregnant have already been outlined. No use in taking even a small risk when it can wait. The flooding hormones during pregnancy may effect how well the tat takes. The healing process will also be prolonged. I have many tats and I can't stand it when ppl put info out that is bunk.
    Anonymous

• You're not supposed to get tattoos or piercings while pregnant or breastfeeding b/c of the risk of infection. And YES... some of the ink & contaminants from the air DO enter your bloodstream, but only a tiny bit. You'd most likely be fine, but if you did get an infection, you'd have to go on meds, etc etc. Let this new tattoo be a gift to yourself once you get your body back! :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• its not really good to get tatoos when your pregnant, my husband work at tatoo shop and they dont tax on anyone whoms pregnant they say cause of the link is bad for the baby
    jackie240

Answer by jackie240 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• NOOOO! Not till after the baby!!!!
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2008