What should I do?

Over the past three weeks some weird changes have been happening with my daughter. They all started around the same time that she started wearing panties and worked on potty training. She will be three in March- just so you know- anyway- she has NEVER been a picky eater before- and when I denied her television she was ok with it. But now, the only thing she wants to eat morning, noon, and night is corn chex cereal. She will cry, throw a fit, beg, and scream that she wants corn cereal- I have denied it to her because even though it is healthy- what kind of nutrition does that give to her? Same thing is going on with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse- she wants to watch it like all the time- I don't let her but she gets SO upset and screams that YES she wants Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It's almost like she has developed some weird rituals of corn chex and mickey mouse. Anyone have any suggestions about what to do? Can you please share?

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 6:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh, I feel you Mama. She is just asserting herself. Just when you think, yay, the twos are almost over, you hit the threes. My 3yo was a holy terror at that age, she is mellowing somewhat now. She insisted and screamed for PBJ for every meal and demanded to watch her CareBears movie over and over. Then she switched to eating only grapes and watching Toy Story. I think it's a control issue. My dd had me in tears, but she's much better now.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• it is a stage and it will be over..it may take time but it does go away. the threes are worse than twos...gl
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• and the fours are worse than threes, and so on and so on...its just a phase, and she'll end up replacing both of her habits with new ones..my son has watched nothing but little einsteins for three weeks now, and if you let him, will only eat chicken nuggets for a meal...but that's IF i let him...i'm the parent, and yes, when i say 'no' to something he get upset, but when he's hungry enough to eat what i've prepared, he'll eat.. and i control the tv/videos, not him. he yells, throws a tantrum..for about a minute! that's all i'll put up with. they will try to control you if you let them..its all about asserting themselves and seeing how well they can do it. stand your ground, momma..give her other choices, and let her decide, but definitely, make the other choices something other than the usual corn chex. tell her, 'we're out of them. this is what we have. choose. ' good luck.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009