headaches

does anyone kno what to take for headaches that keep comming back? I use to take maxalt for migrains and they dont have the rx anymore.. advil only lasts for a few hrs and they come back

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• I would love to know too i have had headachs for over 2 months now everyday along with other symptons and would love to know how to get rig of them too.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 6:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ladies above, is there anything in your diet that you eat everyday or drink?? It could be a food allergy causing you to have them everyday.
    Anonymous

• well i used to use peppermint extract and rub it on my temples. that helped a lil. you can go to your dr and get migraine meds. im guessing thats what they are if they get that bad and dont wanna go away.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Extra strnegth excedrin..if you have stomach upset use the Excedrin for migraines..the only difference is it costs more because it is enteric coated to prevent upset to your stomach. I have taken many different Rx's for migraines. Including, but not limited to, Midrin, Fiornal, Sumatriptan. Nothing works as well as the Excedrin. I used IImatrex once. It works for me but I'm allergic to it so I can't use it. cool cloth, dark room, quiet..those are what I have to have if a migraine get rolling .
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Excedrin can cause rebound headaches. Are these migraines or tension headaches? I use BC Powder for tough headaches but for migraines rx prescription of Klonopin really reduces migraines for some people. Ask your doc.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I feel for you! I also so understand!! I've been A Migraine Sufferer for over29+ Years! They ruined my Life!! I've had as many as 300 in one year! One lasting as long as 2 Weeks Straight of Pure Misery!!! First off never take any meds like OTC ones more then twice A week! I'm Sorry I mean 2X!! For otherwise you'll get Rebound Headaches.. Your pain med.s waer off & it comes back.. You take more & thye come Back!! Its A Cycle you have to Break!! Its Hard I Know! Also could you be dehydrated?? If so drink Gatorade!! It can help & alleviate some pain & may take them away if its due to dehydration! As for Med.s/Scripts... I'm on NONE for I can't afford Any medical Care At all! My Life is Horrible! I don't want any one to suffer like I do!! Also I use Ice packs, Rest, Quiet & Darkness & Sleep them Away!! I grab A Cat or one comes to me.. Knowing my pain & sits one out with me!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ya thats all i ever drink is gatorade and water well also my cup of coffee in the mor. my doc did tell me 2 yrs ago i have night time migrains thats when he gave me maxalt it was a magic pill or something i would take one and for a few days i would be fine.. but if i do call the doc the lady who takes the apts is a B and doesnt think my apt is an emg so she always makes it a month or so till i can see him i always land up hanging up on her lol..
    Anonymous

• You need to figure out what's causing them rather than just treating the sypmtoms - could be allergy, dehydration, stress, a physical problem in your brain, back problem, etc.

My husband used to get migraines - took Imitrex which helped, but wipe him out. He started taking nutritional supplements and we got rid of traditional cleaners (which have many toxic chemicals in them) and he has been migraine free for almost a year!!!!

I hope you find some solutions and relief, because no one should have to deal with that much pain on a regular basis!
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 7:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• One more thing - my mom used to get horrible headaches - turned out she has hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), so she was able to get rid of them through dietary changes and nutrition - lots of protein, no sugar, no artificial stuff. It's hard, but worth it to feel well!
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 7:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Having had migraines for years and seen many specialists there are many tricks I've learned.
    -Head On (migraine or regular formula) works wonders.
    -Taking a vitamin B complex and magnesium daily will help prevent migraines.
    -Once a migraine has started a HOT bath with epsom salt and ice on your head will calm the blood vessels and usually relieve the pain.
    -Drink caffeinated beverages (regualr soda). The water, sugar and caffeine all help to prevent and lessen migraine pain.

Continued...
    BBPbyHolli

Answer by BBPbyHolli at 7:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009