If you need contacts to see Far- How can you also see near to read??

I can't afford to see A Eye Doctor! So I have old Eye glasses & Contacts! They're both close to 6 years old! I need them to see Far.. But if I have my contacts in I can't Read!! That's Bad! I can Read fine without any glasses or contacts but I have them in to see Far!! I'm like -4.00. Anyway.. How can I have contacts in & still Read!? I'm Jobless & DH is on long time Lay off.. No money for even the Basics/Needful things!! What do you do use? What works or helps??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 6:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• I have the same problems. I have contacts for distance while riding my motorcycle. I bought reading glasses at CVS for what the contacts adjust my sight to be, so I can read when we stop at a restaurant and I need to read a menu.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Is that fact that you can't see causing you to type with random capitals in the middle of sentences?
    Anonymous

• I knew a lady with that problem. She wore one contact. She was a little dizzy at first, but got used to it. She'd just close the one eye that wasn't helpful when she needed to really focus on something.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I will gladly open myself up as a punching bag to say that whoever (anonymous) felt the need to make such a comment has no idea what the word tact means. If you are truly concerned, then the comment would be unnecessary. You would just offer help with vision correction problem, not typing lessons!
    Perhaps you have so many friends you can chase them off as you deem necessary, but everyone doesn't have that luxury. Hope you have a wonderful day and that not a single person points out to you that you are not perfect. You are human right? Thought so, you aren't perfect, just like the rest of us. Sorry to be the one to have to break that to you.
    CynthiaS102

Answer by CynthiaS102 at 4:28 AM on Jan. 28, 2009