What is a cheap way to remove underarm stains from white t-shirts?

Such as: vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax, bleach, etc.

Soul_Searcher

Asked by Soul_Searcher at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If the stains are really bad I found that vinegar, bleach ...does not work. I bought this stuff from Kroger called Bleach White. It is a powder. You get hot water in a bucket, old bowl whatever you like or the bath tub to soak it. You put the cleaner on the stains. It will start boiling the stain away. The only thing that I hate is it take a few times to get it totally white. Once you lift this dirt it will not take long the next time. I have a child that sweats under her arms bad. It leaves these unattractive stains. Before I found the solution I had to throw her clothes away because they never looked clean. It is not like clorox.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 10:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Apply bleach. Every so often I run a washer partly full of hot water and add a good amount of bleach and put in all the t-shirts, white undies, white towels, and anything else white. I let it agitate a minute then turn it off and let the stuff soak for an hour or so. Then I add detergent and set the washer to full and wash and rinse, then wash and rinse again. This clears the bleach from the washer.

Answer by Bmat at 6:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• oxyclen and clorox. it takes it out for the most part but nothing really gets it out completely. the oxyclean and clorox make like a foamy effect and kinda seem like a chemical eaction lol but it works. if not try that with some pray and wsh.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• spray and wash**
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Here is what I know.. soak the item(s) in a gallon of warm water and 8 oz of white vinegar. Then rinse in cold water.

To keep your whites in tip top shape add about one third of a cup of white vinegar to your cold rinse cycle, you'll find that your cloths come out brighter and softer. Any vinegar smells should vanish after your cloths dry.

I hope this works for you! Good luck...

-Laura

3gr8tKids

Answer by 3gr8tKids at 7:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009