Detergent and dryer sheet change for child with Eczema

I ordered all natural no chemical detergent for my one year old's clothes. I was wondering since the detergent is also Fragrance free that if I can use Lavender dryer sheets? They have real lavender inside and I got them  from a farmer at the farmer's market. Do think that lavender would irritate his skin? I have used the lavender spray on our couches and it doesn't seem to bother him.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 4:40 PM on Apr. 18, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use scented dryer sheets even though my DD has eczema, it doesn't seem to bother her. I use All free and clear detergent and a cheap brand lavender scented dryer sheet..
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 4:44 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I have tried every kind of detergent out there and nothing has made my little ones eczema worse or better. I went to free and clear things and I didn't see an improvement after about half a year so I went back to using regular detergents and still no change. I would try it and see if you see any type of reaction.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:45 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I use the dryer balls that do not have any chemicals or scents. For a detergent I use Arm and Hammer Free
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I started making my own for DS. It is great!
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 4:48 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I ordered GrabGreen 3 in 1 Laundry Detergent Fragrance Free pods. Just to try out.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I tried all natural detergents and it didn't make a difference in my son's eczema. Hope it works!

Answer by missanc at 5:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Honestly I don't think changing my detergent did much, I think the only reason DD's is getting better is because of the ointment the doctor gave us. I even switched her to sensitive baby wash and they told me not to bathe her as often, but it doesn't seem to have much effect.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I just saw this on Pinterest and thought of this Question. I have no idea if this works or why it works but thought I'd share with you:

http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/10/static-cling.html

Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• Most Dryer sheets and Detergents are filled with harmful chemicals that can cause our families huge harm. The first thing you need to do is eliminate all the toxins from your home, even if something says natural or green it may not be. There are a lot of lies out there. Also lavender has been shown to cause the release of hormones in male children that are dangerous and most lavender baby products are not being made any more due to this. I don't sell anything but I am very knowledgeable and a mother of 5 and have done a great deal of research backed by facts. If you would like some information just send me a pm and I will be more than happy to give you a list of safe and healthy products and the research to back what I am telling you.
    Carly67

Answer by Carly67 at 12:51 AM on May. 23, 2012