How do you cope?

I just lost my best friend of 20 yrs. He was my " platonic soulmate" We were'nt just close , we were spiritually connected.I feel so completley LOST.

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I cannot even imagine. I am so sorry for your loss. I do not know your beliefs but try connecting to him through meditation...see if that helps in healing your heart.

Wishing you the best.....

~Chasa~
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Lots of meditation and fond remembrence... Just remember he would want you to be happy even without him.

If you need to, don't be afraid to seek help.

Goddess Bless!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You remember the best times you had together and watch for signs. I am sorry for your loss. But if you are watching for signs and paying attention to your dreams, you might not feel so alone. Hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am very sorry for your loss. Allow yourself plenty of time to grieve. Don't even try to cope for a little while anyway, just try to get through your days. In time, maybe a few days, you'll stop crying all the time and will find that you can smile again and remember. There will always be a place in your heart for your friend.

Answer by Bmat at 7:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am very sorry for your loss.  I lost my father last year.  There are stages of grief that we must work our way through to achieve a sense of peace.  I hope this helps.

http://www.stonyandsprucevsu.com/Grief.htm

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I will hug you in my thoughts :-)

I have lost 2 very dear friends in my life; they were not believer's but we loved each other deeply.

I till think about them every day: Doug died 12 years ago; Marla 5 & 1/2.

I remember them as they were and rejoice for the good time we had: in this way they are always near. They blessed my life greatly, and I miss their presences, phone calls, and unconditional love.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would read what beeky posted also as sabrina said, meditation can help reduce some of the stress. I am deeply sorry for your loss, if you ever need someone to talk to you can pm me. Loosing a close friend is very difficult. Time will help, but if you need a shoulder, feel free to pm me.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Your feeling of being lost is part of grief. I'm sorry your friend has passed over. The really great thing is that he isn't gone from your life, he'll watch over you and slip you signs if you are willing to see them as they come. This might bring you strength. It's your turn to now move through life and learn to do it without him. We all go through these things. Count your blessings, love your family, feel the emptiness and eventually you'll go forward.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• If you belive in seeing spirits, then maybe you will see your soulmate's. I see my mother's from time to time. I'v even heard her. I'm sorry for your los, I'll pray for you.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:56 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The mourning period cannot be rushed and it usually lasts upward of two years. Read books, join a support group, talk to someone. Be patient and very kind to yourself.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009