How does the point system work?

For weight watchers that is. A lot of the women here a getting together a big group of women to do weight watchers together. I would like to join, but I am not really sure how the points work. Do you get a certain amount a day or a week, and how do you know how many?

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 6:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• WW is great because it teaches you to eat smart! It's like having an allowance each day and you can spend it however your choose, but once it's gone, you go hungry if you didn't spend it wisely.
    So have your snickers, but say goodbye to 10 of you 25 points (or however many it is). Have pizza, but bye bye lots of point per slice.
    Or have a cup of strawberries for 1 point, or a handful of snap peas for free! It makes you conscientious of your food choices
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I don't know for sure either, I've never done it but I think you get so many points per day.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 6:06 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• You get so many a day, based on gender, age, height, current weight, and whether or not you're breastfeeding. Then you get a set number of weekly points - every member gets the same amount - that you can use, or not use. You can also 'earn' points for food back by exercising. It's a good program and it worked well for me in the past but I'm not crazy about the new program at all. Check with WW Online ... they usually have offers of free sign ups all the time so it at least knocks $30 off the upfront costs.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• (I'm checking my WW calculator).... It figures in Protein, Carbs, Total Fat, and Fiber, to give you a points balance. When I was going I was allowed 25 points per day. You can divide that up any way you wish. Most veges and fruits are a zero.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:28 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• When you sign up based on your age, height, weight activity level ect they assign you an amount of daily points, it changes as you loose weight, but on weigh in day when you track your weight they tell you if you have a new number and what it is. The points are figured based on fat, protein, carbs, and fiber. Fresh fuits and veggies are zero points.
    I've been on it sine 1/15, lost 32 lbs, right now I get 26 points per day.
    There isalso a weekly bonus pints bucket to allow an occasional treat. I try not to use much of those, it feels like cheating. You can earn more points with activity too.
    It defintaly teaches you a lot. foods I didn't think were that bad looks a whole lot different when you put a point value on it!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• idk
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2012