HOW WOULD I KNOW IF IM HAVING A GIRL ANY SUGGESTIONS

Ms.Laterice

Asked by Ms.Laterice at 7:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• An ultrasound.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• at about 18-20 weeks your doctor will give you an ultrasound and you can ask the tech what the gender is.
    Anonymous

• the only way to be fairly sure is an ultrasound.
    there are old wives tales, but those are not correct as often as ultrasounds.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 7:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes, ultrasound.

For some fun old wives tales, if you are carrying roundish, then a girl, but if you stick out a lot, then a boy. The other one I know is to tie a ring on a string, and hold it over your belly. If it swings sideways its a boy, if in a circle its a girl. But I wouldn't go out and furnish a nursery based on either of these methods. :)

Answer by Bmat at 7:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My Mom did the drano test. lol. You get Drano crystals, pee in a cup and add a teaspoon of the drano crystals. It will turn orangish pink for a girl, and greenish blue for a boy. There is actually a reason for the colors being different, like the ph or something. It worked for my mom, it wascorrect on all three kids. I never did try it though.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 7:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• All the old wives tales and myths were telling me that I was having a boy- the height I carried at, the position the baby was always in, etc. The 19th week my ultrasound said it was a girl. Ultrasound is the way to go.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 7:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS AND OPINIONS, IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE TRICKS, OR TALES PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW
    Ms.Laterice

Answer by Ms.Laterice at 8:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Ultrasound , and even thats not 100%... I know its easier to say when you aren't in the situation, but let that be a surprise for you. I didn't, but I couldn't find out anyways. I got 12 USDs and they couldn't tell for sure. I liked not knowing. It was really special.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Ultrasounds are fairly but not 100% accurate. And I believe that doing an amnio would also tell you because they pull fluid and do genetic testing. The only time I found out (had 2 wait and find outs) was w/my last and the "outside" plumbing was quite evident.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2009