im 16 and my mom doesnt let me do anything not even leave the house... what can i do please i feel as if im slaved in here its been like this for 2 years... the only thing i do is go to school play my spirts n traped in my house n weekends im not aloud to go no where but clean n watch tv... please help me in leagal terms

bima71

Asked by bima71 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 18, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• Have you discussed this with your mother? Legally, I doubt there is anything you can do. Being kept at home isn't abuse, especially since you are allowed to play sports.

Have you given her a reason to not trust you?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:00 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Legal terms

Her house, her rules.

Sorry! You could try talking to her. See how it goes.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Are you a Mom??? This is a site for Mom. I think you need to go talk to yours!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Check with local police department.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:02 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Nothing you can truly do till your 18 and out of her house. Make deals with her. Tell her if you you do X and X will iy be okay that you go out a few hours on a weekend
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• 1) you are a child not an adult therefore unless you are being a bused or neglected there is nothing anyone is going to do to make your mother change her house rules.
    2)If you feel you are being abused or neglected all you have to do is talk to your school counselor but be prepared for the consequences-including possibly being put into foster care or placed with a relative for a little while so make sure you are truly being hurt before making such accusations. 'Unfair' rules do not = abuse
    3)If you are not being abused and you just want to be treated like and adult then ACT LIKE ONE. Talk to your mother face to face with out getting a huffy attitude and show her some respect.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• You are 16 and talking about trapping in your house, even 16 year old feels this way but really you prob get in trouble when you go out so she is keeping you safe because she wants you to be alive for a long time so she is protecting you

rayroe2

Answer by rayroe2 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• Have your mom come here and tell us her side.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:11 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I think Mrs _Harsh had the right idea hun, what she is doing is not abuse, but it is called discipline.....it sounds like maybe we are not getting the whole story...........

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Apr. 18, 2012

• I agree with Mrs harsh, go talk to your Mom
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:23 PM on Apr. 18, 2012