cooking help ladies!!

ok i have been married for 2 yrs and have a 3yr old lil one.. ok i know by now i should be able to cooking anything right?? WRONG LOL. let me start here when i make chicken i over cook it and its DRYYY i dont alway mix the right stuff to also make it tasty.. my chilli has no flavor.. what are some good ideads and good meals i can learn that are easy to make.. I also would like to start using the crock pot
and please no bashing me!!

pinkanfgrl

Asked by pinkanfgrl at 7:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Follow the directions carefully in a cookbook. Use a meat thermometer- this will help you make sure that the meat is done but not overdone. But the cookbook suggestion is a good one.

Answer by Bmat at 7:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• what temp is chicken done
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 7:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I believe chicken is done at 185 degrees.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 7:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Well with this chicken thing try ccoking bags for meat, that keeps the juices in and I usually cook that till it falls apart.. The best advice is to keep trying and experimenting. And of course season the food at every step. Example: chili-- season the meat with season salt, garlic and onion powder, minced onion, then season, rest of the chili with stewed tomatoes, and the chili powder packet and if it is a huge batch of chili use two enevlopes of chilli seasoning. Make the chilli base with tomatoe juice and cans of diced and stewed tomatoes, don't water it down with water, no taste in water. I always stay away from peppers in chilli i was mild seasoning because of the kids.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• There is a site called allrecipes.com that could help you out. You are probably cooking your chicken to long, or at too high of a temp.
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 8:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Kraftfoods.com is a great source - they have a free magazine too that you can sign up for. It uses a lot of Kraft products and very simple yummy recipes.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• . read a basic cookbook like a novel! Such as the joy of cooking. watch cooking shows on TV
    how to fix dry chicken....brine first..soak in salt water! over night!!! and do not overcook!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:53 AM on Jan. 26, 2009