Has anyone from Minnesota had their child support set at $0.00?

I was just wondering if anyone elses child support was set at zero? I do not think that this is fair, I didn't get have this baby alone but now I and raising it alone with no child support? This is like goverment sactioned dead beat parenting. So anyone that has had this happen to them please contact me, so we can start a group or something, I was just wondering if it was only happening in my county or with this specific judge??

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 7:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hey i'm from Minnesota and my child support isnt at 0 but its only set at 50 and i dont see any of that cuz they never get him with child support even after i tell them where he is working......MN sucks for child support they dont care if you dont get it or not
    1SkylersMommy1

Answer by 1SkylersMommy1 at 3:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I live in Oregon and I ahve heard of it in cases with joint custody where the child stays with each parent 50/50. But other thatn that no. That sounds like a bunch of crap. Why would the judge set it at zero.I would try a seperate filing with your state/county child support DA. It is worth a shot.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 7:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I'd imagine that if you make substantially more then they wouldn't force the father to pay (ie he cannot afford it, but you can). Can't think of any other possible reason. And even that one bites.
    Anonymous

• my friend went through the same thing she made a lil more than him and they have 50/50 but she has to pay him 5.00 a month!!
    Anonymous

• Well I have sole custody---he doesn't even take any overnight visits not ever---and I am currently on unemployment---it sucks and life is unfair!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Is your being unemployed the issue. Some states are starting to reduce child support for women who don't work...child support is for the child not yourself. You should be supporting yourself 100% and at least 50% of the child's needs...how can you do that if you are not working?? Judge might be trying to teach you something. Also if he is in jail they may set his support at zero.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Nope. but I wish that was the case. They just raised ours by 150 a month...KNOWING my husband has another child and no job, but they didn't care...now we are 3 months behind on rent and guess who gets child support...she does while she lives at home with mommy and daddy at 27 years old and I have to figure out how my son is getting diapers from week to week! Thank God I breast feed or who know's how he'd get food! The system is jacked up!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• For the record I am not unemployed by choice the owner of the company closed the office i worked in becausse of the economy and i am looking and I have always work but now I am looking and on unemployement, I am trying he is the one that only works when he wants too.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2009