My Son Hates ME!!!!

I was recently laid off and have been hom efull time for about 2 months now...leaving me ample time to spend with my 8 month old. What i have noticed, is while he is gaining a heightened sense of things around him, he defies everything i say/do. Like, when I change his diaper, its a fight, to put him to sleep, its a fight, feeding him, dressing him...its all a fight/struggle. Now the kicker is, he doesn't do any of this for his dad. i have heard that sometimes when kids spend more time with one parent than the other, this can happen, but I am about at my wits end....i know he is still young and I shouldnt be taking this personal, but I feel like I have gone wrong somewhere!!!! Do I just wait it out, or what?

chaoshappens

Asked by chaoshappens at 7:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• children tend to defy the parent the that they like more. trust me i've never been apart from my son and he never does what i ask him but if anyone ewlse says something he listens. your baby is just testing his boundaries
    Anonymous

• Your son does not hate you. He is just testing you. And it will get more pronounced somewhere between 18 months and 4 years. My youngest is always testing me while playing angel to DH. Just be consistent with him and it will get easier.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My 5 month old does the same thing. I wouldn't say it's a fight for me to change his diaper and stuff but he definitely fusses a lot less for daddy. I brush it off as a male bonding thing. When he's upset though, he does prefer momma!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• hes so testing you. now that hes with you all day he needs to find out how much he can get away with. just be consistent and he will be fine. dont worrie

marissad

Answer by marissad at 8:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• oo he doesnt hate you. thats how babys are. my dd started that at 6 months. lol. dont worry.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009