• In the Spotlight:

what kind of pain?

My doctor has come to the conclusion that I may have never ovulated. So i was put on clomid to help. According to mine and the doctors counts I should be ovulating about now but I was wondering what kind of pain is this I hear about. And what exactaly should my cervical mucus look like. People have told me to test it and that i might have pains. Having never ovulated I am a little nieve in this area. Help would be appreciated!

ErinT

Asked by ErinT at 8:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Like a cramping pain in your lower abdomen. Some women can't feel it though.
    The mucus shouls be like egg whites.
    It should be stretchy and clearing looking.
    You may also notice a lot of it during ovulation.
    You seem to produce abundant amounts while ovulating.
    Anonymous

• sorry if this is wierd but is the pain different from normal cramping you expirence when you are on your period?
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 8:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Just little sharp pains is what I get. I got them even worse and on both sides when I was on Clomid. Clomid tends to dry up cervical mucus so you may not notice very much of it. My doctor told me to take regular Robitussin with the active ingredient Guaffessin to help increase my cervical mucus while on Clomid. If you do notice any, it looks exactly like the white of an egg. Kinda snotty and may be tinged with a little blood or may be clear. I get huge globs of it like I have blown my nose in the toilet paper.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• here's a website with photos of an actual cervix, how it changes, and what the infamous egg white cervical mucous looks like. i found it to be quite an anatomy lesson! warning... the photos are a bit graphic... http://beautifulcervix.com/photos-of-cervix/

abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009