My husband wants to help my midwife deliver our baby--what does he need to know?

This will be our third child. He wants to be as active in the delivery room as possible, and I think our midwife is ready and willing for his help. What should he know to make this go as smoothly as possible?

CreativeSpirit

Asked by CreativeSpirit at 2:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nothing. All he has to do is grab.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The midwife is the best person to answer that question.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• like redrowan said above, ask the midwife... it's gonna be different with each midwife.. some may feel more comfortable with him just catching, whereas another may be more willing to let him take alot more action... I would say have her explain to him all that will be going on, what she'll be doing, that way he will know what to expect by the way she'll be doing things and what his jobs will be...
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2008