Help I need menu ideas!!!

I am currently laid off and I am used to working and we used to eat out alot now I am broke and I am trying to cook on a tiny budget and I am running out of stuff to make!! I am used to but buying food with no budget and now I am trying to make due?? Does anyone have any cheap recipies??? 101 things to do with top ramen??

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 8:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lol Chicken is the most inexpensive meat. And it can be used for all sorts of things. you can look for recipe ideas all over the internet. But I never follow recipes. You can take a can of stewed tomatoes, cut up an onion, can of mushrooms, garlic....anything along those lines, cut up the chicken and cook it. Can eat it over pasta too.
    Eggs.....the cheapest thing for breakfast lunch or dinner! You can make so many omlettes that you have a different one every day of the week, and very healthy.
    Soup and toasted cheese, never go wrong in the winter!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• soups are good and at aldi they are cheeep!! hambuger meat is cheep and sooo many things you can make with it too!!
    Anonymous

• Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup is great and healthy too.  I made this and loving it. 

cm08

Answer by cm08 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Chili, ham & beans, potato soup, spaghetti
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Ramen noodle casserole is great! 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned; 1 can cream of mushroom soup; 1/2 c. water; 1/2 c. milk; 1/4 c. chopped onion; 1 stalk chopped celery; few dashes of soy sauce; 4 oz can mushrooms, drained (optional); 2 pkgs. ramen noodles, broken up; 1 pkg seasoning from beef ramen noodles. Mix all together, put in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 15 minutes, stir and bake for 5 minutes more.

Check out the Cooking From Scratch group here on CM!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have a ton. . . but I'm limited to 1000 words to feel free to message me.

In the mean time try www.tasteofhome.com they have tones of recipes

another site to try is http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Cooking-on-a-Budget-Winter-Edition/Detail.aspx

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I make loads of meals under $5 each. I can make a great soup with ramen noodles (no kidding) by adding shredded cooked chicken, canned corn and peas, and drizzle in a well beaten egg just before you turn it off. Also I make red beans and rice by buying the smoked turkey kielbasa and adding it to a family sized box of zatarains red beans and rice mix. We love a simple chili with homemade cornbread. Homemade burritos/tacos are great too. We use frozen ground turkey in place of ground beef because it is usually $1.25 or less per pound. I made a hamburger helper type dish the other day by cooking up ground turkey with McCormicks hamburger seasoning, adding in frozen peas and corn, and 2 cans of campbells cream of chicken and serving over egg noodles. I have more, pm me if you are interested.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I make spaghetti that my mother in law gave me a recipe for and this is the only kind I will eat.

jar of prego sauce
    1 pd hamburger
    1 box spaghetti noodles
    garlic, green pepper or celery, onion

In a small saucepan boil the onion, garlic, green pepper or celery only put enough water just to cover it and let it boil down. Brown hamburger and season with sp once cooked add sauce and add the onion, gp or celery and onion. In another pan boil spaghetti noodles once noodles are cooked serve and eat.

Another idea is try the wal-mart mac and cheese its in a red box I think its called cheesy mac n cheese and my kids love it and so does the hubby but its only like $.62 a box.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Jan. 26, 2009