Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i've been married for 15 yrs. and it seems to be over now . i told my husband and he refuses to split. what can i do to end this relationship im no longer happy in.

wanting to end 15 yr. marriage

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • y r u no longer happy? u still love him? there anything he can do 2 help fix the situation?...if the answer is no then i would suggest moving out...if u already have ur eye on someone else then u should be honest with him and tell him...i know it's easier said then done..but u might go further with honesty...tell him how u feel and why u feel the way u do...if he doesn't accept then get a lawyer and move out..

    Answer by JulieFrancesca at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • well he might be still happy with u, i think you guys should try to work it out and maybe do something that made you guys fall in love in the first place u know romantic dinner, go on some roller coasters it would be fun, so try try again u should never give up no matter how bad u think things are going, give it a shot, and you'll never be happy if u don't try a few things that maybe would make u happy, well i hope everything works out good luck =}

    Answer by ILOVEJosh23 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • I know how you fill my husband just wont end it and if we do im afraid he'll commit suicide.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • Go file for divorce if you're ready to end it. Maybe that'll give him the clue of reality.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • anonymous is right. Go file and get on with your life. Cut the anchor rope if it's pulling the boat down. He cant make you stay in the marriage. You have the right to get out and to the poster who worries about him committing suicide. If he is suicidal then he'll find any reason to do it. You can't stop him by staying. He'll just find another excuse. If he is using it to manipulate you then he's just a controlling person. Read the book Confusing Love with Obession. It tells how so many ppl manipulate others by controlling them like that to keep them.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • I'm in the same boat, sort of. I mean... I am ending my 13 year marriage, but I will be moving out, as soon as I find a job and get a place. He's not gonna be blind sided because we've been unhappy for quite a while and he chooses not do anything to try and save the marriage. I can't make it work alone. It takes two. I have to be most concerned about ME! No one else is going to take care of me better than me. Good luck to you in your new life. Be happy.

    Answer by MIMI_3 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • pack up your stuff and leave .. if your unhappy the best thing to do is get out of the situation !!

    Answer by dolphin_whisper at 10:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

  • Why are you no longer happy? Just because things aren't feeling good right now is no reason to walk out. Make some changes! Spruce it up! Take a class, color your hair, go on a couples cruise...

    Answer by TXdanielly at 11:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.