Why is our 2 y/o little man sooo LOUD???

He is our 3rd after 2 girls and they weren't this loud. They screamed like *girls* but he is just plain LOUD with his speaking voice. And it's a new thing...so, will it stop or is he just *a loud talker*?? He has a brother too...haha to me!!

apphorses

Asked by apphorses at 8:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think its because they are in transition from lil savages to lil civilized humans. Mine little girl is so loud, ever seen the tide commercial where the guy is at the interview, but the stain makes it hard for him to be heard, Yea, my daughter is that stain, But I love her lil loud ass. lol♥
    NiekaC

Answer by NiekaC at 8:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Have you had his hearing tested? If he's just loud teach him to use his "indoor voice," if he shouts or has poor annunciation, and you need to repeat things multiple times, then I would be concerned about his hearing?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• my 15month boy is like that too, he has two girl cousins he plays with that are the same age and he is alot louder than them. I think he just likes the sound of his own voice. I know it's not his hearing.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• have you tried teaching him about using an inside voice versus an outside voice?
    my 3 year old daughter can also be very loud at times but she's learned how to control her voice depending on the situation she is in.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:33 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• His hearing is fine. I think he just likes the sound of his voice. We have 1 loud older dd and 1 other dd that isn't loud at all...you have to tell her to speak up. Maybe we just have a loud house with so many and he wants to be heard:O)
    apphorses

Answer by apphorses at 10:07 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My 22 month old is the same way. He is always yelling. He isn't that great at talking yet but when he does try to talk it always sounds like a caveman or a football player. My daughter didn't do that. Although now she kind of has to be loud to get heard because of him LOL!
    M2Mommy

Answer by M2Mommy at 12:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009