what would you say to your brother if he told you wanted full custody of your daughter?

ok I let my daughter stay the weekend with my 19yr old brother and his live in girlfriend now he says he wants custody of her!!! wtf he think im just gonna give my 9yr old daughter to him..he has no kids...what would you say???

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that if I had a family member who wanted to raise my child I would tell them thank you for the compliment that you think my child is wonderful - but I kind of like having my child around. If a family member continued to harp on it then I would say, respectfully, "I understand you love my child and I appreciate it but if you really think that you have a legal claim to raising my child you need to hire a family attorney and take me to court." Or you can just do the snarky thing (I wouldn't recommend it) "Sure, you hire an attorney, pay his fees, pay the court fees.....but adoption is around $13,000 to $20,000 on average. Do you have that? Because I just can't afford for you to adopt her right now. I hope you can.  But thanks for the offer." See where that gets him.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Well why does he want full custody? Is your daughter being abused in anyway? What was his reason?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would tell him, "Have your own, this one's mine!"
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would tell him to go F#@K himself.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Why would he want custody? If there is no reason besides the fact he just wants her i would say hell no!!!. Is there a reason like is ur daughter being abused or anything like that?
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 8:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think I'd say "WTF! H@LL NO! Have your own kids" LOL
    Anonymous

• id slap him and tell him to make his own! thats your dd does he think your just gonna be like sure and hand her over? what an idiot.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would ask him what he's been smoking??
    kymbernv

Answer by kymbernv at 8:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think its irresponsible for moms on here to just agree with the mother. You don't know what moms on here shouldn't actually have custody of their children. What if this child is being abused? Why wouldn't you even ask that question?
    She might be a great mom with a idiot brother, or an abusive mom with a brother who wants the best for his niece.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• she is not being abused he cant have kids so i have 3 kids he wants my oldest daughter....
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009