Question on working out ;)

I have a treadmill,punching bag,jump rope,and ab lounge. I want to use all of these in my workout but I dont know what order I should do them and for how long on each thing????Any suggestions?

JonahsMom1107

Asked by JonahsMom1107 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• It's best to warm up your large muscles with a little cardio....so I would do a light to moderate walk on the treadmill for about 10 minutes. Then I while your muscles are warm and more flexible is when I would stretch and do toning (abdominal) exercises. Then I would move to the punching bag, stop and stretch/abs/toning exercises, then jump rope for about 10-15 minutes, and back on the treadmill--this time doing brisk walk/jog intervals for about 20-30 minutes, and finally finish up with stretching and toning.

Of course, all of this depends on how fit you are to begin with...so time spent on each area needs to be scaled up or down accordingly!

Continued
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You can also alternate your workout days, focusing one day on ONLY cardio (treadmill, jumping rope), and another day doing ONLY toning (abs, punching bag).

I also recommend purchasing a dumbbell set that ranges from 2-15 pound weights (each). You can incorporate MANY varied upper body toning exercises with them. I also like the giant Pilates ball--GREAT for ab work, as well as upper/lower body toning!
    LoriKeet