girls sleeping at boys houses?

My son's 5th b-day is coming soon. He really wants his friend to sleep over but she is a girl. my son usually only has " girl-friends" becuase where we lived before he only had girls around. Is it ok? He doesn't understand why mommy thinks other wise.lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wouldn't do it. You just need to explain to your son why? I know nothing will become of it. But being a mom of three girls, I get really nervous about stuff like that. They might think it is ok and you know kids, they remember everything and it might come back to haunt you.
    krishmommy

Answer by krishmommy at 9:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I don't see why he couldn't have a girl at his slumber party, I don't think at such a young age it would make much of a difference, but if it really makes you uncomfortable have them sleep in different rooms, then explain to him that he's not always going to be able to have boy/girl sleepovers as he gets older!
    Anonymous

• If you let him do it now...there will come a time when you HAVE to put a stop and then you will have to explain why it used to be okay but now it isn't.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My daughter and her friend spent the night together all the time when they were that age. Now they are tweens and oh they would die if we said the other was spending the night. Oh, it's ok and will take care of itself when they are older.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would just let him have fun with his friends, as he gets older you keep telling him there is a difference soon he will get it but right now they don't notice the difference. Let them be kids they grow up so fast.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• At five it is fine. :) My kids had opposites over all the time. They sleep in the living room on seperate couches or air mattresses and watch movies.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• NO WAY I would never let my DD's have a boy sleep over or them sleep over at a boys house thats just asking for a pregnant teen !!
    Anonymous

• Yes it's fine. Stop over thinking it. He is five! He will understand when he is older why it no longer makes sense. Until then party on.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 9:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• If they were in separate rooms, it would be ok, as long as the girl's mom thinks so.
    My best friend has boys, and when they spend the night, they go in one DD's room, and the girls all bunk together.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 10:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY NOT
    Alexmygirl

Answer by Alexmygirl at 11:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009