Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I live in Summit County Ohio and need to know how to get child support started for my 13 year old son. Ask quickly and cheap as possible. Seperated 1 week

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • The quickest way would be to go file for some kind of public assistance-- welfare, food stamps, etc. They will pursue him for child support before they approve you for anything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

  • Yeah, public assistance. You could also go online to your state child support division, usually you can print off the papers and send them in. Also, my county has a Child Support DA, you should call your local court house and see if there is one there, they might be able to help you. Mine took almost a year before they started garnishing his wages, but that is with serving him, and everything.

    Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

  • Not worth the crap and drama that comes with collecting a few dollars.

    Answer by extremelibrary at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

  • Contact your county district attorney's office and make them aware. They will give you the proper paperwork.

    Answer by Steff107 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Did I cheat on him?

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
How to start a group