How do you get the feeling back?

I've been through some really rough patches over the past few months and feel totally lost. I've turned into a shell of my former self. I've prayed so hard but don't feel like I've got any answers from Him.
Have you gone through this and what did you do to feel like He was on your side again and you weren't drifting out there alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• In darkness we seek the Lord and in darkness He finds us. Stand still and know that God, even though quiet to your ears is still speaking to your life and your heart. Satan uses silence to cause us to doubt.... when you cannot hear the Lord, you can still praise Him. When you cannot see Him, you can still seek Him, and when you cannot feel Him, call out to your sister and brothers in Christ to pray intercessory for you. Stand still, know that the Lord is with you and as His word tells us, He will never forsake us. I stopped and prayed that God will wrap His arms around you and remind you of the His presence in your life and heart. Ladies, if you believe, please stop at 27 minutes after the hour and lets join in prayer for this precious girl.... God is listening when we speak, there is power in whispered prayer.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You need to go to church. Church can really help us with our struggles and revive us on a weekly basis. Talk to a Christian that you trust...someone wise.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• For a moment in time I lost my house, my car and had to move into an apartment very far away from my family. I felt as though God left me hanging. During that time I made a "special" effort to seek him diligently beyond my circumstances but held on to him inspite of. All I can say everything I thought I lost I got back double. The word is true Psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name wil put their trust in thee for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I too have gone through times like this. But I just remember that God loves  me even when I don't feel like He does. Also, God always answers us - we just may not recognize the answers because we have our hearts set on another answer, KWIM?

Have you given the situation over to God for Him to work it through? Sometimes we have to let go and let God.

Feel free to email me privately. I have been where you are now (((HUGS)))

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I know what it is like to go through a tough time. Ask your pastor or other CM's for passages you can relate to, there are plenty of people that get through it, and for some, it just makes their faith that much stronger. Keep your head up, and keep pushing, it will get better. If you are feeling extremely depressed, please pm. I'd be more than happy to offer you some tips on meditation to lesson some of that stress. I know a few ways that are geared more toward being a Christian as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Maybe try a different religion?

Maybe pray to a different god?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Ask Him to show you what He wants you to learn in this time. Times when you gain great faith and reward often come "through" a time of great difficulty. Lastly, pray for peace and He will give it to you, hold out your hands to Him and let Him carry your burdens for you. We all go through times like this and one thing is certain....it will always pass in time. I'll say a prayer for you.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We all go through dry spells and desert times, but remember God has promised to never leave or forsake us. Don't let your feeling of distance from God make you think He's not there. Sometimes He allows us to go through the desert to help us realize our need for Him and to get us to reach a little further and strive to get a little closer. Stay in the word and continue to communicate with God. He is there listening to you, you will break through. Read the book of Psalm, it is a beautiful reminder of how no matter our circumstance, we can approach God with all the experiences of our life and He will reach back with love and faithfulness to bring us out of even the lowest and darkest places. I'll be praying for you!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Maybe this is just part of a life lesson that you must go through. Father and Mother God are with you but can't do the learning for you. Trust in the process and you'll get through this.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I like what BlessedMommy64 said.

I know how you feel cause I have felt that way before, one time I can recall, I just got up listened to some gospel music, then it came to me to start encouraging myself in the Lord, all of a suddened it was me and the Lord in this house, I started feeling good and forgot all about was I was sad about. Girl I started trying to clean up the house!!! Lol, lol But your not alone, God will let you know that he is always there when things seems good and bad. And he will allow the right people in your life to help you along the way, for we are our brothers (sisters) keeper!!!
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 26, 2009