Does anyone else floss their toddler's teeth?

I floss my two year old daughter's teeth and I have been told im over the top. Is it really that uncommon?

aishadavid

Asked by aishadavid at 9:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I floss my 1 1/2 yr olds. He only has 4. Hahaha. But my other 4 kids all floss their teeth at night. I don't think it is that abnormal.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Absolutely NOT. You are right to floss your child's teeth! They cannot physically do it for themselves at this age. I would however, give her a flosser (kid kind) and start teaching her NOW, how to do it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I do. My dentist told me as soon as there are teeth touching, try to floss them. I figured if I started now, it would be easier to get her to keep it up over the years. Heaven knows I'm terrible about my own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• no i didnt think that it was nec. to floss toddler teeth but I will def. look into it and ask the dentist when we go in two wks
    chynna26

Answer by chynna26 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009