Bottle holding

Do I need to start forcing my 6 1/2 month old to hold her own bottle? All my friends kids held their bottles at 6 month (while still in moms arm of course), but mine has absolutely no interest, doesn't even put her hand to the bottle. I don't care at all, but will this delay her ability to go to a sippy cup in a few months? If it doesn't, I just won't push it, but she's not a big eater, I am usually coaxing her to eat, so the whole "let her drop it a few times and she'll hold it" doesn't work because she will just stop eating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it doesn't bother you just hold it for her. All kids are different. There isn't one who will do what another will do or when they do it. Your DD will move at her own pace not your friend's childrens paces(if that makes sence).
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I wouldn't push it. I think when she feels ready she will start grabbing it. It took my son until he was 7 months to get the hang of holding his bottle, Every baby will do this in their own time. Don't let what other kids are doing make you think something is wrong.
    Anonymous

• Smart baby! There is absolutely no reason for baby to hold the bottle. That is one thing I would be ecstatic and proud about her not doing. The caregiver should always be the the one holding the bottle. Enjoy your bonding time, it goes by way to quickly.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jan. 26, 2009