How did you pick your wedding day?

I am wondering because I have a problem . My cousin is getting married also and started planning it and had her date set and I had no idea and turns out that she is having a a day before mine. we havent booked anything or done anything in set stone so I was thinking since I DONT want my wedding/Anniversary close to hers I was thinking of picking another month but keep the day. I was planning for January 10,2010 and my cousin wanted January 9th 2010. So how do you pick a date and stay happy with it?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• I called my DH at work one day and asked how he felt about getting married on August 22nd. It was a Friday and we had a courthouse wedding (what I wanted) and the only perform them in our city on Mondays and Fridays so I picked a Friday and that was that, lol.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We got married on the date that we had started dating... Try to make it something that would be special.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 9:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We were married on Halloween - its was the only day the church and hall were available!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• we set ours according to what was available and peoples vacation times what holidays were around it and then general conference. we got married the same month my ex husband and i got divorced and my husband purposed the day after my ex husband and i got married. weird how it all worked out. if pf chan hadn't gotten my stomach upset he would of purposed the same night as my first wedding date. thing was i didn't realize that until after he had asked. so i was like wow glad i got sick. i think any day you set won't matter much. its how happy you are on that day. it's hard to set it so far away. i wouldn't want a winter wedding.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• if your looking for your decor to match the weather that might help when to set the date. i wanted spring fresh flowers feelings with a silver pink and mint green. so april was best for us. although it was set for june but we couldn't hold off sex much longer. so we moved it up. also the honeymoon was cheaper then.
    melody77

• Um, we decided to do it Feb 20th then we decided to do it Feb 4 because it fit better with DH's schedule at work. We did a quiet ceremony at my oldest friend's B&B (he has a civil celebrant's license) where it was just the two of us, my friend and his wife and MIL and their 2 dogs. We had a BBQ party in May when the weather was better for a combination housewarming, wedding reception and "Hey! We're pregnant!" since suppposedly we got pregnant on our wedding night (by LMP and EDD)
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I was living in a different country and several members of my family were planning to visit so I chose the Saturday of their visit which happened to be July 9th.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My hubby and I got married in june we picked that month because we didnt know anyone who was married in june and the date was decided by the availability of the facility.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 10:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You could do the 10-10-10! :o) My DH was in the Army at the time, we got married on his Christmas break. We had scheduled for the weekend before Christmas but changed our minds, which was a good thing because it was bad weather and he got stranded in Atlanta! So we got married the 28th of December! Best wishes! :O)

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Mine had a kinda superstiscious meaning behind it. My parents were married on March 15 (the ides of March, Julius Caesar's murder, etc.) and their marriage crashed and burned! So we chose March 17 (I'm part Irish as well) but also as a good luck charm hoping to reverse the bad juju my parents caused lol!
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 26, 2009