How did you pick your wedding day?

I am wondering because I have a problem . My cousin is getting married also and started planning it and had her date set and I had no idea and turns out that she is having a a day before mine. we havent booked anything or done anything in set stone so I was thinking since I DONT want my wedding/Anniversary close to hers I was thinking of picking another month but keep the day. I was planning for January 10,2010 and my cousin wanted January 9th 2010. So how do you pick a date and stay happy with it?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I called my DH and asked him how he felt about getting married on August 22nd. We had a courthouse wedding (what I wanted) and in our city they are only performed on Mondays and Fridays so I picked a Friday and that was that, lol.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We just picked a random day. We were actually at the bar and I was getting annoyed because he wasn't helping me make any decisions! We looked at a calendar, picked a Sat and that was it. We knew we had to have it early in the summer because he was going to be getting deployed again, but that was the only thing. It will be a special day no matter what, so I wouldn't get too stressed out over what day you pick! I can understand not wanting it so close to another family members though. Good luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• When I was little, I always dreamed of getting married on a Wednesday, because the word "wed" was in it. The month and day didn't matter so much. If you haven't made any definite plans, then it really won't matter what day you have it on. Your wedding will make it special, no matter what day or month it's in. We were married on the 28th, my b-day is on the 23rd, my husband's is on the 24th, so I liked that everything had a 2 in it.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We picked August 1 because that gave us time in between summer session and fall term to get married and have a honeymoon before going back to school. Romantic, huh? Also, it works out well since there are no holidays in August, we made our own.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We picked New Years Eve because we wanted to throw a great bash and surprise the heck out of everyone with it really being our wedding! We figured they won't get suspicious if we invite them to a big New years party rather than a "hey we want to have a really big party for no reason"...riiiighht! That would not have worked. It was so much fun!
    CarolinaQ

Answer by CarolinaQ at 9:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• my story is gonna make me look really shallow haha but here goes.

my original perfect day was Saturday, June 23, 2007. i picked it b/c my DH & i share a b-day (10/23) and that would be easy for him to remember. well......my bro & his gf decided to get married that same year on June 2nd & their wedding was in Alaska. i didnt want to travel just a few weeks before my wedding...AND i didnt want my younger bro getting married before me.

so i changed it to May 5th. plenty of time for my SIL to get back to Alaska to finish her wedding planning AND my DH can remember it cause its Cinco de Mayo. also, i hadnt thought about what i would be doing the 2 months btw college graduation & our wedding (prolly living at home). so this allowed us to move in together & start our life together sooner. so changing my date actually worked out for the better!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• April 4th cause we got married in Vegas and that was the next to last day we were there. Do really no reason we just got married on that day while we were there. Oh and I have to add we were together for ten years before that.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Dh and I got married one year after we were engaged, well 1 day less than a year. We had a justice of the peace wedding at his dad's house and it had to be on a Friday so it had to be a day before we wanted but oh well.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• june 28th because my b-day is july 28 and he wanted to be able to rememeber it
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We picked June 18, 2005 because that was the only Saturday the church had available. Nothing really special about that day. Its just when we could have the wedding....LOL
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009