What's the stupidest thing your 18+ has done so far?

Just wondering if they are all cut from the same mold?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Well my stepniece was TOTALLY sheltered by her mom and when my sis and I were talking about STD's., you know plural, she got really confused. She had only been aware of AIDS and though that was the only one. Needless to say I went and got some pamphlets from the Dr.'s office and gave them to her. Now she is like totally freaked.
    Anonymous

• My DS & 2 friends decided they were going to a concert in another state (about a 2 hour drive on a a good day), & my DS is rather "directionally dysfunctional" to start with. They took out for this concert in the worst winter-storm of the year, so far. Ice on the roads, everything. We told him it wasn't a good idea, but they just HAD TO GO. A couple of hours later, we get "the call". I hear my DH say "Are you OK, are the other kids OK, and how's the car". Long story short, He ended up in the back end of a semi, on the ice. By the grace of God, no one was hurt. They were all wearing their seat belts, & not even a bruise on any of them. Didn't even break the windshield, but the car was totalled.
    So far, that is one of the stupidest things he's done. He's 18 & a freshman in college. So, I'm sure there will be more. And, there is probably some he has told me about yet. lol
    dorothyn22

Answer by dorothyn22 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• He got an awful girlfriend who keeps using him for money. She "messed something up" at her job & owed them a couple hundred bucks. He gave her the money! I was so annoyed with him. Now they are broke up but he's still soo in love with her. blah.
    Anonymous

• My 18 year old daughter still has major temper tantrums when things don't go her own way. This morning she could not find her stuff immedeatly blamed it on her sister and said she was not going to school.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:30 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My kids did dumb stuff before they were 18 (had kids) so by the time they became 18 they had too much responsibility to do dumb stuff. Now I have grandkids who are 17, 18 and 19 and I'm hoping the stories they tell me of things they do are just stories. I might faint if I find out some of this stuff is true!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• coming home at 3 in the morning...he really got in trouble once with me and then with dad....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• how about shoot my sister's DH point blank in the back of the head with a pellet gun while he slept? DH managed to survive, nephew thought it hilarious.
    Anonymous

• My son, who knew better, allowed his girlfriend to believe that she couldn't get pregnant if he withdrew before ejaculation! Needless to say, when she did she blamed him. I told him I'd shoot him on the Jerry Springer show.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:34 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• Running away from home right before we moved 2 1/2 hours north and not letting us know where she was for abut 6 months. Asking people she just met and became "best friends" with for advice instead of us. Moving from one friend's home to another until her welcomes were worn out. Falling in "love" with a lowlife and moving across the US with him and then ending up renting a motel room due to too little income. She was smart to leave him when he told her to get an abortion, though. Then she moved to another state with friends who were like "brothers" and were going to take care of her and her baby - home, furniture, child care, everything! She gets there and it's a 2 BR apartment with 4 guys living there, only one of them has a job, none of them has a car, and one of them finally moves her into his parent's home, who can't stand her and don't want her there when the baby arrives.
    (con't)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2009

• (con't)
    Jobless, pregnant, no one to depend on, she FINALLY calls home asking for help (smart choice). But now she takes advice from a couple of her friends who are new teen moms about her baby instead of asking me. What do I know? I only raised 3 daughters and worked in a child care center, not to mention doing an internship in a pediatrics.
    Now she won't bathe herself or her baby unless told to. She keeps her baby naked all night and sleeps with her on her chest. She is the almighty-know-it-all-supermom who needs no help or advice from the likes of me, but I'm expected to take care of the baby when she is tired or wants to play on the computer or watch tv or take a nap.
    I love her to pieces, and I love my granddaughter even more, but when does it become enough? I can't send her away because I'll probably never see my granddaughter - God only knows where my daughter will end up with her.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2009