help me....

this morning my df came and woke me up. he got pissed off and started to throw around the mattress while i was on it...i thot he was gonna hit me...hes never done that before...it scared me. he was yellin at me at the top of his lungs and freaking out because he said i dont take enough responcibility for our dd. i do everything. i have depression and he doesnt care when i tell him how i feel he just botches more...he said that he doesnt even knwo if he loves me anymore....he wont tell me he loves me or anything....what should i do. ive been really upset and suicidal all day...i cant take anymore...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are seriously suicidal, my only advice is to call the Emergency room and get the local suicide hotline number and call them NOW!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• please PM me if you need to talk, i am not in your same position but im a good advice giver (thats what my friends tell me) you dont need someon who makes you feel bad about yourself
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i agree with crazybeautifulh, he shouldnt treat you like that over anything. GL
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i think you should leave and take your daughter with you. go home to parents and then get the help for your depression. if your bf can't see how the depression hurts you and him then he isn't smart enough to know that your the best thing for him. when you leave he'll get it then. he is not worth killing yourself over and think of how your daughter would feel living her life with him and without her mother.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• He's taking advantage of your situation.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 10:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• LEAVE. Right now. With your child and the clothes on your back. Go to family members, a friend's house, a shelter. GET OUT OF THAT HOUSE.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I don't agree that you should take your daughter with you. Sounds like you are not able to be a stable parent right now. You need to focus on yourself and your mental health.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We don't know why he was freaking out. Had you neglected your child all day and stayed in bed? Was your child in danger while you were in bed? I know depression and if it is truly that bad for you then you are not able to do what needs to be done to be a good parent. You need help. But I won't bash your DF because I don't know his side and because I do know what it is like to be depressed and suicidal he may very well be valid in his feelings that you are not taking care of your child. I hope you get the help you need.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I also know that when you are depressed and suicidal you are not thinking rationally and often do not see things as they really are. I know all of this from experience. Mental illness tends to have a way of making one delusional and out of touch with reality.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• There is ALWAYS another way than suicide. It is not even an option. God will hate you for it and it's a horrible thing to do to the people who love you. So don't even think about that. I've so many times felt my life can get no lower. But you CAN get better. You've got to believe it. One day soon you'll look back on this too and smile at how strong you are and didn't even know it. Chin up. Get busy and get moving. You will get there.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009