• In the Spotlight:

How long does meds for acid reflux kick in?

My daughter was just diagnosed with a moderate case of acid reflux. She was a totally different baby the day of and the day after the upper GI. Now it seems that she is having more problems again. she has been taking reglan and zantac since thursday of last week. It seems as though now that the barium is out of her system she is back to screaming alot. I just dont want her to be in pain any more. It breaks my heart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im sorry to hear you baby is having problems with this. My son has severe acid refulx, his medication pretty much kicked about a week after starting it.. He is on prevacid. and has been since he was 2 months old. If your baby is screaming I would call your doctor. Is she eating at all?
    Anonymous

• Yes she is eating pretty good and she doesnt spit up a whole lot but you can tell when it starts to come up. It takes her breath away and tehn she starts screaming.
    smiley0921

Answer by smiley0921 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i noticed a change in mine after about 4 days. call the dr again. once it starts to work, it is like heaven on earth. good luck.
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 9:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thanks for the help. I just can't stand to see her in pain any more.
    smiley0921

Answer by smiley0921 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Please, Please be very careful about RX meds. Yes, the doctor ordered them, but if you saw what the side effects were, you would not use them. I was on a RX for reflux and now I just take one natural vitamin a day for it with no side effects. Yogurt is also good but she would have to eat 10 cups a day to get what one vitamin does.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 10:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009