I'm going crazy....

I was always that person that said "no, I'm not worried about my son sleeping at night" and I wasn't going to co-sleep or any of that. Well about 6 weeks ago he was teething bad and would only sleep in bed with DH and I. (He's 7 and a half months) well now he won't sleep in his crib at all! He'll go down at 7 or 8 and wake up at 11 and won't go back to sleep. He's is NOT a cry-it-out baby....he'll cry for 2 or 3 or 4 hours...just won't stop. I don't know what to do with him because I don't want him in our bed anymore and I can not stand listening to him cry, even though I know there's nothing wrong with him. He'll cry for 15 minutes, then stop to see if we're coming, and then start up again...is there ANYTHING I can do? I've tried sitting in the room with him, checking on him after 5 minutes, then 10, then 15, etc...and I've tried just letting him cry and NONE of it works!!!! Advice would be a life-saver right now

AidensMommy608

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• umm, have you tried rocking him to sleep when he wakes up and won't go back to sleep? we have to rock our son. If he's only 7mo, then he probaly just likes being close to you when he falls asleep. My son is 7mo also. Try getting a sound machine to play when hes asleep, it might be because noises are waking him. I hope you figure something out. GL.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Do you think he is still Teething? My baby went through almost the same.He would only sleep in our bed or in our arms. I gave him teething tablets which helped him stop crying and whining all day. the we would hold him until he was out and put a a cold pacifier in his mouth and place him in his crib and he would stay asleep for at least 4hours. Hope this helps some.
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 10:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009