Why are atheists becoming more vocal? - Part 2

A few days ago, I posted a question about atheists becoming more and more a part of the public discussion and making sure that our voices are heard, too.  I posted a link to a blog that I felt outlined beautifully the sentiments that I've felt.

Of course, this being the debate section, there were some who disagreed with the author and commented on what they found to be unreasonable about his arguments (or at least commented. . .).  Somehow, this question came to the attention of the blogger (remember, ladies, that except for private groups and home pages, this is open to public scrutiny!), and he addressed the "arguments" that were made against the points he made in his blog.

He granted me permission to post his "Response to Criticisms of 'Can't You Atheists Keep Your Opinions to Yourselves - No, I cannot;"

He welcomes the debate, if you are willing to continue.

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 4:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2012 in Religious Debate

• And don't get me started on the gang warfare thing... I can reference all kinds of questions where you and your little gang used to gang up on individual RD regulars (er, unless they've been deleted). Don't try to deny it, we all know it's true. It won't work to play the victim, you know damned good and well you are far from victimized here. You just can't take what you dish out, that's all.
    >>
    You, as usual, are full of shit. I have no alliances and I have no cabal. I do however, have noticed that there are like-minded people who agree and who back each other up from the onslaught of posts from your end of the world. There is no bat cave where my "little gang" hangout and plot attacks. That place and that mentality do not exist.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2012

• Well shit, and here I thought you'd be impressed that I can do the very same things you do...
    >>>
    You are confusing me with a person from your side of the line drawn in the sand.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2012

• Ok dearie, whatever you say. You win. I'm bored with your games now... back to ignoring you....
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2012

• any hypocrisy on our part doesn't give you the right to be an outspoken atheist.

NOTHING is required of or from you, it's our right despite your druthers to speak freely in support of our school of thought or in criticism of yours.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2012