How much milk should an 18 month old be drinking each day?

My son just isn't interested in drinking milk anymore. He still nurses once or twice a day, but he doesn't ever want to drink cow's milk anymore. He won't even drink breastmilk from his sippy. Should I try to get him to drink more?

MAUREEN55

Asked by MAUREEN55 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is 15 months and she only drink one bottle of milk a day and she has cheese and food thought out the day
    my daughter love cracker and cheese..
    or you can always talk to your doctor about it
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• have you tried flavoring it just a little? like chocolate milk with just enough chocolate to color it...that worked with my kids
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 10:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• cow milk is completely unecessary especially if he is still nursing.
    my daughter is 3 now and she rarely asks for cow milk, she's just not into drinking it.
    calcium can be found in a wide variety of foods and as long as your little one is eating a relatively rounded diet they should be just fine without the cow milk, don't worry! :)
    plus, he is getting everything he needs from your milk.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:30 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i was told by the dr that between 8-14 ozs is all they needed .. but well if your bfing it should be less i would think
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I keep hearing at least 24 oz. on here, but not sure. I recently read that it was higher more like 36 oz. My son gets probalby between 16 and 24 depending on the day. He also gets cheese just about every day though.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:44 AM on Jan. 26, 2009