my 5 year old daughter knocked her front tooth loose and it started rotting so i pulled it out that was over a month ago and there is still no sign of a permanent tooth coming in should i be worried?coming in,

Hollie W.

Asked by Hollie W. at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2012 in Kids' Health

• SPEAK to your dentist!!!

However it may be a few YEARS before her adult teeth coming. The adult tooth is not going to come until it's ready, having the baby tooth knocked out prematurely do to an injury is not going to make the adult tooth ready "faster".

However like I said talk to your dentist!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• You need to take her to a dentist!
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 7:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• SPEAK to your dentist!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DD has been thru dental HELL due to a front teeth injury... and we have been seeing the dentist all along. GET HER TO A DENTIST THIS WEEK!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• If it was a baby tooth. The adult tooth will come in evetually.

Answer by louise2 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• The adult tooth will come in when it is ready to come in. Just because the tooth got prematurely knocked out does not mean the adult tooth is going to be ready any sooner. I would definitely have gone to the dentist before pulling it out myself. You need to get her to a dentist to have it checked on though. My son is almost 7 years old and still hasn't lost a tooth yet and our dentist says as long as things look good in the x-rays and he loses his first one by 8 years old then no problem.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• Make a dental appointment!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2012

• you should hae taken her to a dentist, and need to asap!! my son had his fron 2 teeth knocked back at 4 yo,, they had to be pulled a month later due to abcessing, the xray showed many tiny tooth shards/infection up in the gum, which only a dentist could get out...

it will be 2 years in august and his teeth still havent came in.. the teeth wont just come in ebcause the baby teeth were pulled. the adult teeth will come when they are ready.
    mommaFruFru

Answer by mommaFruFru at 1:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• If the adult tooth underneath wasn't ready to drop it won't happen then for a while. You should talk to your dentist.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2012