4 MO bleeding from vagina, or so it appears. ??

My 4 month old had some blood in her diaper this last diaper change. She has a milk allergy so sometimes a little blood is in her stools, but this time it looked like it came from her vagina, and there was no blood by her anus so it didn't look like it came from there.

She had the mini period when she was a few days old, but what could this be? Has anyone else dealt with this symptom? I know a lot of you are thinking "don't ask us, call the dr!!!" but I just want to check to see if anyone else is familiar with this before I rush off and call the dr on a Sunday night.

Thanks!

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 9:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How about WebMD? I remember one of my daughters having it too! It will usually go away without any problems!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 9:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My son had an infection and he urinated blood, but it was more of an orangie color. Umm, if its bothering you take her to the ER and they will run a culture on her.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 10:05 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• That is normal when i had my daughter they said that lil girls maybe have a little bit of blood discharge its just due to their system kicking in and workin no worries if it lasts for more hten a few days i would bring it to your doctor to check it out
    ProudMomma0914

Answer by ProudMomma0914 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009