SAPRATION ANXIETY FOR A TWO YEAR OLD

HI IM BECKY I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD SON HIS NAME IS MATTHEW - RIGHT NOW IM A STAY AT HOME MOM - HOW CAN I GO TO APOINTMENTS OR INTO OTHER ROOMS IN THE HOUSE AND LEAVE HIM WITH FAMILY WITH HIM FIPING OUT .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know. Why doesn't he know his family after 2 years?
    My 2 year old would NEVER stay in a room alone with people she doesn't know, such as my in-laws' parents, or friends of ours she doesn't know very well... But the people she sees consistently (at least once a month), she's got no problem with.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 2:52 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• one day have someone watch him. and you need to say good bye mommy will see you in a little while give him a hug and a kiss. dont stay long it will make it worse for all parties involved. you dont want to sneek out either. let him see you leave after you say your good buys. just go to the store of something for a bit not a long time. and when you come back make it known to him that you are back. he needs to reassured that you are comming back and that you will always be back. if i can find the artical that i read the other day i will send it to you
    mamaoneil

Answer by mamaoneil at 5:49 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i went threw the same thing and i had to leave he one say with my grandma and i told her i will be back have to take care of something she cried and screamed but after awhile she stopped and now i have no problem leaving
    Jocelynn18

Answer by Jocelynn18 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 26, 2009