IVF is my next step.Have any advice?

FlaraLopez

Asked by FlaraLopez at 10:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Go to one of the best clinics in your area, but don't be afraid to travel out of town for a better one. I used a local doc that I thought was the best in town, but he messed with meds too much, messed up my system, and had too many clients for one IVF cycle and I was left coasting on meds too long...overmature eggs retreived...zero fertilized. I quit that clinic and commuted to NYC to see one of the top docs. The first complete cycle there I was pg.

Once you have gone through the training, learned the injections, etc. Relax as much as possible. Find something to divert your mind. It's really easy to obsess and overstress during an IVF cycle. Don't worry until you have something solid to worry about. Otherwise, it's just wasted energy. Turn it into something positive.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:54 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• (pt. 2)
    Treat yourself and your body well. Take your vitamins. Get a little exercise. Don't lay around on bed rest after embryo transfer. After the 45 minutes at the clinic, just take it easy. Don't sit too still. Your body...your uterus...needs the blood to be flowing, and not stagnant.

If you're not doing it already, acupuncture can also help the blood flow, and help you relax.

Breathe. Good luck.
    halfpint_ny