To circumsize or not to circumsize?

Did you have your son circumsized? If so for what reason? Religious? Hygiene? Have you ever witnessed a circumsicion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had both my boys circumsized. We did it for health, hygiene and religious reasons. Yes I witnessed my second sons. My first I was out of it from a c section. When I was a teenager, my dad had to have this done. Something to do with diabetes and infections. He had a VERY hard time fighting infections. He had such a hard time with it, I knew I would choose it for my boys.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I will not circumsize if my baby is a boy (I'm still not sure yet). I believe that if boys were not meant to have them due to infections, then they wouldn't be born with them. It is completely cosmetic in my opinion, which is really silly. My husband is not circumsized and I've heard that men actually feel more sexual pleasure when they are not cut. I wouldn't do it to my little girl, so there's no reason to do it to my boy. I think it's just cruel.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i didn't have my sons done. the dr told me it was just so they look like their fathers and has nothing to do with hygiene. my insurance wouldn't cover it so since their father was loser and i figured right he wouldn't be around much that issue would never come up. so i decided to leave them the way the lord made them. also i heard that there are a lot of nerve endings that get cut off. i didn't want to deprive my boys of that extra pleasure. my children have never had any issues and my oldest turned 17. my new husband wants our boy when we have one to get it done and i really don't want to. why? so they look alike. well his mother shouldn't of cut off some of my husbands dick in the first place but that was the stigma back then that it was a matter of hygiene. it's not the case now.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i will definitely have my sons circumcised if i ever have one. and whatever doctor said it had nothing to do with hygiene should go back to medical school! I'm a nurse and see many penis in a day!lol both circumcised and not. I have seen countless men come in with swollen and red penis because they didn't properly clean themselves and they got bacterial broth under the foreskin. It also says in the Bible that a baby boy is to be circumcised on the 8th day after birth.
    p.s. i hate the site of an uncircumcised penis. It always makes me think of the Saggy Baggy Elephants trunk! lol
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have seen a short video of the procedure. We had both of our sons done and they both slept through the whole thing. I asked my husband and my 17 year old son their opinion on circumcision; would they rather not be? Would they rather have had the choice of doing it? And they both said they are very glad to be circumcised, and that they had it done as a baby. So, I'm happy with our decision.

Our Dr. advised us to have it done, some advise not to. It's a personal decision, there's no right or wrong either way. You either do it or don't.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had my son circumcised. The doc did it in office at the OB. DH staid with him while they did it, I stood right outside the door and cried! We did it because DH is, and I left the decision up to him. I feel like it is a male decision, I don't have a penis so what do I know about it? I think it's cleaner, and I think he'll be happy in the future that it's done.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• When I gave up my first-born baby when I was 21 I had him circ'd. Didn't bother asking the adoptive couple their opinions. Then when I had my 2 boys I had them both circ'd. I wouldn't NOT have them circ'd because it's not only for hygienic purposes, it's for health reasons as well. It's a hard thing to watch, is painful but it's over in a few minutes.

It's a personal decision and to circ or not to circ shouldn't be judged by anyone else. There's a lot of pros and cons of both but to me and many others circ'ing is best so I did.

Anonymous

• The hygienic reason is a myth. Go here: http://www.nocircpa.org/4642.html
    No medical association recommends circumcision.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had him cut, out of tradition, I guess. Hubby was there. My son didn't even cry.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My son is circ'd. Not only did I witness his, but I have witnessed many and even helped with some! I worked in the NICU and we would often help the MD's perform these. I had my sons done because I preferred it. I know there is no benefits that outweigh those of not doing it, but I preferred to do it. Also, IMO, it's one less thing to be judged on, later in life. I helped with my sons and my daughter and mom were there to watch. If I had the choice to do it again, I would.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009