Ok hot topic!

Is it just me or is it wrong not to Vac your kids? I have a child with autism and we spread the shots out but I was raised sans shots and got very sick from them. Still have health problems from no shots!
So just want you view on this from both sides!

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• Most studies show that although some instances of autism may be linked to thimerosal, the evidence is inconclusive. I believe it has to do with a combination of things that includes a heightened awareness of such neurological disorders. Although thimerosal may be a contributing factor, studies have shown that the instances of autism are still rising even after most vaccines (flu shot excepted) discontinued the use of it in 2001. I can't say for sure vaccines cause autism, and my kids have all been fine with all the vaccinations they received.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes I believe it is important to vaccinate your kids. I heard they are linking the suspension fluid in vaccines to autism. This is scary but not as scary as the diseases that we are protecting our children from.
    Anonymous

• I pick and choose certain vacs. I don't think all the drugs we are pumping our kids full of are neccessary (ie: Polio, Flu, Chicken Pox, etc).
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I told my dr that i wanted to hold off on giving my daughter the shots until i read a little more about it, and she basically jumped all over me telling me that some dr's office dont even let children come to them if they havent had all their shots, but she wasnt like that because all children deserve to have a good doctor reguardless of the parents poor decision. So i was basically pushed into gettin her the shots. And she has no signs of autism but she had a very hard lump on er leg for about a month and a half after she got the shots and i am sure its stll there a little bit.
    But until this recent thing about autism i wouldnt have given it a second thought and got her shots, it is important.
    Anonymous

• Since there is no concrete proof that the shots cause Autism I say its better to protect your child from disease. If the shots were to cause Autism at least they would be alive and protected. Not vaccinating your child is just dangerous to their health. Why put them at risk? I would rather my child be healthy!
    MommyRuby2008

Answer by MommyRuby2008 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We are doing delayed and extended and selective vaccinations. I don't want my 2 year old getting 4 shots in one visit. Her doctor hates me because I won't let them use her for a pincushion but I am going to stand by my convictions. Everytime I bring her in I get a lecture on the importance of vaccinations. Sorry! I tell him I am vaccinating her, slowly and only the one's I think are safe (and we have a medical exemption for the chicken pox vaccine as our oldest had an awful case of chicken pox after getting that one). Oh well, the doctor will get over it.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I didn't get the chicken pox or flu shots for my kids. My 14 year old refuses the Gardasil vaccine because she read about horrible side effects. She also knew 2 people who had seizures minutes after getting the Gardasil shot. She did get the one for meningitis though. Also, having known 2 people who had Polio in the '50's and suffered horrible effects from it in later life I strongly believe in the Polio vaccination. My doc has respected my concerns about some of the shots, but I do think it is kinda scary to have so many kids not vaccinated against diseases that can be fatal.
    anime_mom619

• I vaccinated my son and my daughter and my youngest son up to now. I refuse to give my youngest the MMR. It still contains mercury and I have read a lot about it after I found out my daughter has autism.
    Mommy2HAZE

Answer by Mommy2HAZE at 12:50 AM on Jan. 26, 2009