WHY...

Why do so many people want to try and induce their own labor when they are not even to their due date. You should know how long pregnancy is and that your baby needs that time to develope and they know when they're ready. Yeah sometimes it sucks and you want it to be over or you just want to see your little one but I think it's a little selfish to try and make them come out too soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lots of women are just too anxious to see their baby born. I know I am, but I am going to wait.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You make a good point: to elect to unnecessary induce is forcing baby out for mom's preference, not baby's.
    If the baby wanted to be out because it was "ready," then it would be out.
    The baby will come when it truly is.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My husband and i are planning to induce, his job takes him away for 6 days at a time and he does not have a way to get home once he's gone. If he leaves on a Sunday, he won't be back until around midnight on Friday night. he is home for 3 days, then heads out for 6 again. It is a guarantee that he will be there for the birth. Also, because his dispatch point and base is an hr and half south of OKC, and I am seeing my doctor in Kansas, just south of KC, even if he came up on a day or weekend off, it could easily be a 12 hr drive for him (however far from base, then from base to the hospital) after a 48 hour shift. It's a danger for him to drive so far on such little sleep, and we both want for him to be here.
    Inductions are also scheduled for women with blood pressure issues, infections, and other health concerns. I believe it's a matter of choice.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• plus, i trust my doctor, and if he says it's ok, then i feel it is ok.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009